Don’t stand idly by. GET INVOLVED! Real change happens when we, the citizens, decide to take action. Get tips and ideas on how to get started and where to go from here »
- Call Congress – Contact your legislators today! Click here to learn how to find your representatives and get tips on the best ways to communicate with them.
- Join Local Organizations – visit the Campaign to Stop Gun Violence to join or add an organization that’s taking a stand to end the flow of illegal guns.
- Find and Sign Petitions – Add your voice to many by signing petitions asking congress to RESPOND and take action against firearm abuse.
- Take a moment to visit the petition area of whitehouse.gov and be sure to filter the issue by FIREARMS to find the latest additions.
- You can also find urgent petitions under the Action Center on the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence website.
- Educate yourself and others – Absorb as much information as you possibly can about all sides of the argument and proposed solutions. Educating yourself on these issues and learning all the pros of cons of the solutions put out there will help you make informed decisions moving forward. Be sure to share your knowledge with others who are willing to listen. And remember: Ignorance is weakness, not bliss. Knowledge is powerful.
- Read through the resources and news available on this site and those referenced.
- Did you know Google has a Scholar area? You can use this search tool to find published papers by experts in politics, science, psychology, and more – all on the topic of Gun Violence Prevention.
Do you have ideas on other ways to take action?